Last updated March 22, 2021.
SIF understands the importance of protecting the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We are committed to protecting your privacy at all levels of our enterprise and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. We do this because we appreciate and value the trust you have placed in us and we continuously strive to earn and maintain that trust.
We pledge to you that we will never sell your personal information or transfer email addresses or any other personal information to unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes. Your personal information will be used only for the business purposes as set forth herein. All employees are instructed on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of such personal information. The unauthorized disclosure of personal information in SIF’s possession is prohibited by law.
Collection of Your Personal Information
SIF collects personal information through a variety of ways that directly identifies, or might reasonably be used to identify, an individual such as yourself. Examples of personal information include a name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, federal employer identification number, driver’s license number, credit or debit card number, policy or claim information, and health information. If you apply for a job or register with our Career Center, personal information may also be collected about your work and educational history. More information on the Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be reviewed here.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to assure the confidentiality and security of your personal information contained in our records. Internally, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information contained in our records about you to our employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We may use personal information as follows:
- To provide a quote, underwrite and rate policies, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and complete your transactions.
- To process claims submitted by you or your employees.
- To service your insurance policy with us.
- To confirm or correct what we know about you.
- To help us prevent fraud and other crimes.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- To perform research or send you surveys.
- To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience with us.
- To inform you of job opportunities and to evaluate your suitability for a job.
- To contact you at a telephone number (including cell phones and other wireless devices) you provide to us. We may contact you in person, by recorded message, by the use of automated dialing equipment, by text (SMS) message, or by any other means of communication your device is capable of receiving, as allowed by law and for reasonable business purposes, including to service your policy with us.
- For our business purposes.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
How We May Disclose Personal Information
Our disclosure of personal information is limited as follows and in compliance with security protocols outlined herein:
- Within SIF.
- To third parties that help us manage or service our business. These third parties can include, but are not limited to, agents or brokers, other insurance companies, regulators, administrators, and service providers that provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, SaaS providers and related infrastructure provision. The information provided is limited to that necessary for the purpose of managing or servicing our business.
- To insurance support organizations and consumer reporting agencies. Information that we share with these organizations, such as your claims history, may be retained by them and disclosed to others.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from government authorities pursuant to an order or statutory authority; (d) to respond to request from rating organizations, such as the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI), to which SIF belongs (e) to enforce your workers’ compensation policy terms; (f) to protect our operations; (g) to protect our and/or you or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property; (h) to detect and prevent fraud; and (i) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Review of Your Personal Information
You, or your authorized representative, may submit a written request to review, copy and/or request changes to your personal information records in our possession in accordance with Idaho law.
Information Collected Through the Use of SIF’s Website
Third Party Hyperlinks
Safeguarding Personal Information